This gift box purse is the perfect size for little gifts like jewellery, nail polish, trinkets, etc and is fairly easy to make.
When you read through the "How to make" and look at the pictures it may seem a bit daunting at first but once you get started, you'll find it is easier than it looks.
For the Printable
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1. Home Printer or Local Printshop.
2. A4 sheet of white card.
3. Double sided tape
6. Bone Folder Tool
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Print the pdf onto an A4 sheet of white card.
2. Carefully cut around edges.
3. Punch two holes into the tab
It should look like this once trimmed.
4. Use bone folder tool to score the card as per the diagram below, do the straight easy edges 1st.
5. Then you will need to score an upside down "Y" on the side panels of the gift box.
- Start by doing a score line down the centre of the panel about 7/8 of an inch in from the side, the line should only be about 2 3/4" long.
- Now score a diagonal line from the bottom of this line to the bottom left of the side panel, and another diagonal line from the bottom of the centre line to the right bottom corner of the panel.
This could get a little tricky but if you follow the below pictures slowly and carefully all will be perfect! :-)
There you go not to bad.
6. Now fold in all the tabs and sides.
7. Apply Double sided tape to the small tab on the right (You'll notice mine is a little narrower than yours - the wider tab should make it easier for you to work with,)
8. Now stick the back of the left side to the front of the tab where you have just applied the tape, lining up the edge neatly. You should have the beginnings of a rectangular box.
9. Fold the sides as per the upside down "Y" you scored. (I did this at the end but I think it will be easier to do it now before you stick the base.)
10. Fold in the smaller bottom side tabs of your gift box .
11. Now fold down the base tab from the front of your gift box.
12. Apply double sided tape to the bottom edge of the base tab, as per below.
13. Stick together being careful to line up the left and right edges.
14. Fold down you top tab (purse lid) and use a pencil to mark where you need to punch holes on the front of your gift box.
15. Punch holes into front of gift box, now thread ribbon through from the inside of your box.
16. Insert your gift.
17. Fold down the top/lid of your gift box, thread the ribbon through your top punched holes.
18. Now tie the ribbon, I used a wooden clothes peg to hold the lid together while I tied the ribbon.
Your Gorgeous Gift Box Purse is complete!!
I think it is very pretty and will be sure to put a smile on the receivers face.